Improving Safety for Workers
Precision Foundations is an active member and participant in the OSHA Electrical Transmission & Distribution Partnership (ET&D). The partnership is a formal collaboration of industry stakeholders, working together to improve safety for workers in the electric power line industry. The partnership is one of only a few national partnerships between employers and OSHA. The OSHA ET&D partnership goals include but are not limited to the following bullets listed below.
- Analyze accident and incident data to identify common causes for fatalities, injuries and illnesses suffered by linemen, apprentices and other appropriate job classifications.
- Develop recommended Best Practices for each identified cause.
- Develop implementation strategies for each Best Practice and promote their implementation among the partners.
- Identify training criteria for foremen, general foremen, supervisors, linemen and apprentices, including training to create an industry culture change to place value on safety and health.
At Precision Foundations, we are committed to our proactive approach to safety. Our Behavior Based Safety Program has produced an effective accident prevention program and has led to outstanding safety records on our projects.
Critical elements of our Behavior Based Safety Program include:
- Executive level management and oversight of full-time safety personnel;
- Quarterly safety committee and supervisors' meetings;
- Certified CPR and first aid instructors;
- OSHA 10 & 20-hour training;
- Employee safety manuals;
- Drug-free workplace policy with documented, random substance testing;
- Environmental health and safety program;
- Certified testing of all insulated aerial lift devices and rubber goods;
- Ongoing safety training for all employees.
Precision Foundations highest priority is safety education and regulatory compliance. Our ultimate goal is to ensure an accident-free workplace for all employees.
Safety training and personal awareness at all levels of our organization instill a genuine attitude of "Actively Caring for Safety!"